For Outdoor Spaces, a custom landscape design and installation company, it was business as usual for the “outdoor” part of their work during the COVID crisis. But the company still risked losing potential projects, which typically started with a sit-down between one of the Outdoor Spaces designers and the client. By marketing virtual meetings on its website and social media platforms, Outdoor Spaces gave customers the ability to review design options, look at photos and discuss pricing for their dream project – all while staying safe.
True Athletic Performance
The fitness industry largely depends on physical locations and on-site staff, so True Athletic Performance and its sister business, True Youth Sports had to get creative and flexible during the pandemic. With some of the area’s most experienced athletic trainers on staff, True AP was able to pivot to a virtual training platform for athletes with relative ease. Virtual offerings include:
- 3X weekly virtual live training sessions on Facebook and YouTube
- Replay options on Facebook and YouTube for clients unable to attend live sessions
- Virtual private training sessions via Zoom, personalized for individuals, families, sports teams and corporate groups
Little Hands Pediatric Therapy
As a leading pediatric therapy business serving Fairfax and Loudoun Counties in Virginia, Little Hands takes pride in their hands-on approach. Sessions typically include 50-minutes of in-home, school or daycare therapy followed by 10-minutes of parent wrap up, documentation and scheduling.
Losing that face-to-face interaction was a concern during the COVID-19 crisis, when Little Hands’ team of occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech-language pathologists could not visit clients. Fortunately, the business was already offering teletherapy as part of their services, so Little Hands was ahead of the curve in knowing how to deliver virtual care to their young pupils. By marketing its online therapy sessions, Little Hands could bolster the brand’s credibility, promote its teletherapy services and maintain regular contact with clients.
Fitness Club Management
With three popular World Gym locations in Maryland and Virginia, Fitness Club Management has worked hard to cultivate a community of members who count on attending group workouts or meeting friends to hit the weights. That all came to a halt when gym doors were ordered shut in March. Management had to quickly determine how to deliver a top quality fitness offering and recreate the sense of community members feel inside the gym. Within days, staff had mobilized to execute a plan that encompassed virtual fitness programming and regular member communications by:
- Launching a new members-only Facebook group — within days, the group grew to 750+ active members.
- Starting live virtual group workouts via Zoom and YouTube.
- Implementing virtual personal training sessions led by World Gym fitness trainers.
Teaming up with Kidville for children's programming to include: fitness classes, dance, art, gym, bedtime stories and even virtual birthday parties.
Creek’s Edge Winery
When you’re selling gorgeous views and weekly wine tastings, it’s a major challenge to have the doors closed for business. So when COVID-19 hit, Creek’s Edge Winery, a popular family-owned destination in Lovettsville, VA, had to think outside of the box about how the business could bring in sales and stay connected to its customers. Creek’s Edge knew it had a sizable asset in its kitchen operations, so the team began marketing pick up/delivery options for fully cooked meals, tailored to either individuals or families.
Other actions included:
- Further customizing to-go meals to accommodate allergies or special diets as an option.
- Using its online wine store to integrate the new food pick up/delivery offerings.
- Using video to showcase behind-the-scenes action in the kitchen as chefs prepare meals.
1TO1 Fitness has been providing the highest caliber, scientifically-based personal training since 1987. In fact, it was the first facility devoted solely to personal training to open in the Washington, DC metro area. Quarantine and social distancing measures presented quite the challenge for this business that had built its name and stellar reputation on highly individualized, onsite personal training.
Realizing that during quarantine, more than ever, how important it is for clients to stay active for their physical, mental and emotional health, the team at 1TO1 doubled down on our efforts to ensure clients feel supported by and connected to their fitness community.
To support their clients through COVID-19, the team made swift changes to the way they deliver their training, including:
- Virtual Personal Training Sessions, facilitated by Zoom conferencing. 1TO1 Fitness trainers continue to customize their clients’ workouts based on equipment available in their home, and changes to their routines due to quarantine.
- At-Home Workouts available to social media followers, using minimal equipment.
- Quick Video Tips & Tricks on social media to keep clients engaged with the team, and manage the stresses surrounding at-home quarantine.
The team has always been actively involved in the communities they serve, and quarantine is no exception. The team recently held a Facebook Live workout to benefit Fueling the Fearless, which works with local restaurants to deliver healthy meals to the brave doctors, nurses and hospital staff caring for our communities.
Since 1947, Coral Ridge Yacht Club has beckoned to those who love the water. As a member-based organization, keeping members connected when in-person functions were no longer an option seemed like a daunting task.
Staff moved quickly to support their members and keep them engaged during a time when the club was physically closed through:
- New amenities, including:
- A Robust Takeout Food Menu, available for curbside pick-up or local delivery. The ever changing menu includes daily rotating specials, including a complete Italian night menu, specialty pizzas, prime rib dinners, lobster feasts, and the classic member favorites from the Club’s regular menu. All tips are going to a collective employee emergency fund, to support the Club’s team during this time.
- Grocery Pick-Up, allowing members to “shop” from a pre-set list of grocery essentials, with curbside pick-up and local delivery available for members.
- A new digital newsletter, providing weekly updates to members on Club news, upcoming programs and new ways for members to stay involved with the club.
- Virtual editions of regular Club activities, including bingo night and happy hour.
- New virtual events to keep members entertained and connected, including an online magic show and Italian wine tasting event.
The wedding industry has taken a major hit due to COVID-19. Many couples are being forced to postpone or cancel their weddings… and the vendors that support those weddings are losing valued business. In this incredibly difficult time, the team at A Wedding Loft has been working hard to help local industry pros in every way they can, and in the process, also created a solution for couples who may not be able to wait to get married.
AWL opened their doors for small, intimate weddings of 10 people or fewer, with AWL members and vendors stepping up to offer their products and services in smaller quantities, at a reasonable price point. AWL was able to provide an invaluable service to couples while helping local wedding pros keep their businesses viable… a win-win!
Thank you to all who are on the front lines during this time - from first responders to those who are keeping essential businesses running for the sake of us all. We have to give a special shoutout to our client, Virginia Hospital Center for their quick and thorough response to COVID-19.
VHC established one of the first COVID sample collection sites in the country, in partnership with Arlington County. We worked closely with the team at VHC to quickly create a COVID-19 microsite, providing the latest news and resources for the community. VHC continues to be at the forefront of the pandemic, joining a national clinical trial to test a potential medication for the treatment of COVID-19, and serving as just one 150 sites to offer Abbott Rapid Results Testing for the virus.
It is an honor to support this incredible team in their efforts to keep the community healthy and informed, both during this pandemic and in calmer times.